In 2008, in response to a request from the Women of Color Caucus, the Implementation Collective began sponsoring an annual pre-conference workshop and conference session focused on challenging white women to actively engage in the journey of becoming anti-racist. Despite this ongoing commitment, there is still much work to be done to uproot anti-Blackness and racism within the field of psychology, our organization, and the world at large. This page is here to serve as a resource for AWP members to deepen their ongoing commitment to anti-racist praxis.
Comprehensive Resource GuidesRacial trauma, resiliency, and ally resources
Strategies and Resources Organized according to Dr. Janet Helms’s White Racial Identity Development Model
- Includes information about understanding racial/cultural trauma, healing for Black individuals and racial trauma, ally resources, tool kits and trainings, and therapist resources.
Black Lives Matter Global Network
- Includes resources, activities, and actions scaffolded according to where you are currently in your racial identity development process.
Anti-Racism Resources for White People
- With more than 40 local chapters, this is a global network working collectively for Black liberation.
Whiteaccomplices.org - Opportunities for White People to Fight for Racial Justice
- Includes links to various articles, books, podcasts, films, and organizations to engage with.
Rachel Cargle's Resources List
- Includes step-by-step instructions for ways to engage in action to fight racism.
Your Black Friends are Busy
- Rachel Cargle is a Black community educator and this resource list includes items such as a free 30-day #DoTheWork course and lectures such as "Unpacking White Feminism" and "White Supremacy in Heels"
- Described as "A growing resource for learning about anti-racism, and supporting the people & organizations doing important work for the Black Lives Matter movement."
Resources for Raising Anti-Racist Children
Special thanks to Liz Abrams, Kathryn Norsworthy, Nicki Johnson, Kathy McCloskey, and the 2020 implementation collective for helping to compile these resources.
Teaching Resources & Important Frameworks